GETTING TO TULUM MEXICO
Tulum is located approximately 81 miles [131 km] from Cancun.
From the airport:
From Cancun City/Tourist Zone:
- Bus south on Hwy 307 from Cancun bus station to Tulum
- Taxi Taxis are easily found all throughout the Hotel Zone
- Take the Colectivo/Playa Express in Cancun to Playa del Carmen and transfer there to Tulum bus or Colectivo
The coastal city of Playa del Carmen (halfway between Cancun and Tulum), is the area’s main transportation junction.
From Playa del Carmen:
- Bus [from Playa del Carmen ADO bus station], get off in Tulum proper then take taxi to your hotel or ruins (ruins are north of the city and easily accessible)
- Colectivo from Highway 307 or downtown Playa del Carmen (calle 2 between avenues 20 and 25), get off in Tulum then take taxi to your hotel or walk to the ruins
- Taxi from any point in Playa del Carmen to Tulum, hotel, or ruins etc.
From Palenque, Xpuhil, Chetumal, Felipe Carrillo Puerto or From the Interior [Uxmal, Ticul] and West [Campeche, Merida]:
Seven days a week, the ADO busline runs first-class buses along a route from Palenque to Cancun [right through Tulum]. There are also
2nd and 3rd class buses that run these routes. We recommend first-class for speed, convenience and comfort. They are still quite