- *If you do not posses an international credit card, you may:
- Post a bond, payable to the Federal Treasury, issued by an authorized bonding company in Mexico. The bonding company will also access taxes and processing costs for this service.
Make a cash deposit at Banco del Ej eacutercito in an amount equal to the value of your vehicle accordingto the “Table of vehicle values for bonding companies.” (See table below)
- Amount of Bond in US Dollars
- 1. Large and Luxury Vehicles.
2. Pick up trucks and Vans.
3. Medium and Compact Vehicles.
4. European, Sports Vehicles and Vintage Autos.
- Your deposit plus any interest it may earn will be returned to you when you leave Mexico. An International Credit Card*, [issued outside Mexico] in the name of the owner of the vehicle.
Government regulations require you to complete:
- A Temporary Import Permit
- A Vehicle Return Promise
All these procedures must be fulfilled at the border before entering the country. When you leave the country you must return the documents that were issued when entering. You do not have to enter and exit through the same place.
If your vehicle is found in Mexico beyond the authorized time, or without the appropriate documents, it will be confiscated.