JOURNALISTS & CORRESPONDENTS
Journalists and correspondents visiting Mexico to cover a special event on behalf of the media must obtain an FM-3 migratory form from their nearest Mexican Consular Office. This migratory document allows the applicant to remain in Mexico for a maximum period of ninety days with multiple entries.
To apply for an FM-3 card, please provide the following:
- A completed
- A valid passport (good for at least 6 months).
- A letter from the employer addressed to the “Embassy of Mexico” requesting the visa for its employee. The letter should explain the purpose of the trip in addition to stating the obligation of the employer to pay the employee’s salary and all expenses. Please also include a list of the cities to be visited.
- Two recent, passport-size photos (1.5 sq. in., no eyeglasses).
- There is no consular fee.
- Non-Canadian citizens must present a copy of their landed immigrant card.
- An additional visa fee equivalent to US$36.00 is required for certain nationalities.