- Collection of your Personal InformationTravelYucatan.com does not collect information that personally identifies individuals except when individuals provide such specific information on a voluntary basis for booking a hotel reservation, tour reservation or airport transfer reservation. This information is necessary for conducting on-line credit transactions.The personal information we collect may include your name, title, company or organization name, work e-mail, work phone, work or home address and credit card information.
Personal information provided on a voluntary basis for quotes on “Group Travel” is used only during the time period of conducting research to fulfill the reservation request. If a reservation is not made, all information submitted is deleted. No further correspondence is made from us, or any of our affiliates, to the Reservation Quote Requester after a Group Reservation Request has been deleted.
If you use our referral service [“Tell a Friend About TravelYucatan.com”] to tell a friend about our site, we will ask for your email address and theirs. We automatically send a one-time email to the address you provided. Neither your e-mail address nor the email address you provide is stored or used for any other purpose.
If you submit a “Tip” for our Travel Tips section your e-mail is saved only until it has been examined for inclusion or deleted in the event that the tip being submitted is already in the Site. If the tip is to be used it is filed on an off-line computer until the Tips Web Page is modified. At that point the e-mail is deleted and all record of it destroyed.
E-mails sent to TravelYucatan.com’s Customer Service department are deleted every three months. No e-mail addresses are harvested from Customer Service e-mails.
- Browser Level InformationTravelYucatan.com’s Web servers automatically collect information about a site user’s IP address, browser type the date and time you access the Site, the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Site. This information is obtained from the user’s browser [information provided by every user’s browser]. This information is collected in a database and used–in an aggregated, anonymous manner–in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Web Site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends and administer the Site.
- Use of your Personal InformationThe personal information collected on this Site is only used to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized on a voluntary basis.TravelYucatan.com utilizes other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as hotel bookings, airport transfer, tours, consumer product sales, answering customer questions about products and services, sending information about our products, and special offers. Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of TravelYucatan.com and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for TravelYucatan.com. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. TravelYucatan.com will not share personal information with any other third-parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law.
TravelYucatan.com could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or some or all of their respective assets could be acquired. If such a combination or acquisition occurs, TravelYucatan.com will make every reasonable effort to notify you in the event we share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all of your personal information to continue serving you.
TravelYucatan.com may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on TravelYucatan.com or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of TravelYucatan.com and our Web site; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of TravelYucatan.com employees or agents, users of TravelYucatan.com products or services, or members of the public.
- Control of your Personal Information
Personal information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States, Mexico, Canada or any other country in which TravelYucatan.com or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using TravelYucatan.com, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.TravelYucatan.com abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on TravelYucatan.com will not be shared outside of TravelYucatan.com and its controlled affiliates without your permission.
- Security of your Personal InformationTravelYucatan.com is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on a computer not connected to the Internet. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information [such as a credit card number] over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer [SSL] protocol.
- Protection of Children’s Personal InformationTravelYucatan.com is a general audience Site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
- Use of BeaconsBeacons are not used in this Web Site.
- CommunicationsWhen you sign up for our newsletter or agree to receive promotional e-mail, TravelYucatan.com may use customized links or similar technologies to track e-mail links that you click. Each e-Newsletter communication includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of the TravelYucatan.com e-Newsletter.TravelYucatan.com and its controlled affiliates may send out e-mails informing you of technical service or security issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming you requested a product or service. In some services offered by TravelYucatan.com, contact with the customer is an intrinsic part of the service. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service(s) or product(s) you have chosen.
Vouchers are issued via e-mail to clients who have purchased a travel service or product. Vouchers contain important reservation information. Only persons with identification such as a passport or drivers license may use a voucher. The name of the person on the voucher must correspond with the name in the identification provided.
- Changes to this StatementWe may occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of the privacy statement.
- Contact InformationTravelYucatan.com welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that TravelYucatan.com has not adhered to this privacy statement, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work promptly to determine and remedy the problem.